Friday, July 17, 2009

Easy Banana Muffins


Banana is one of my favourite fruits. It’s great as a pick-me-upper early in the morning; on its own or together with a bowl of cold milk and crunchy cornflakes. Just yummy!

Anyway, I had a few bananas that have seen better days lying in the fruit basket. They’re getting a bit mushy and weren’t that great to eat in that condition. So, after dinner last night, I quickly mashed the banana, get the other ingredients together and in 30 minutes, 12 freshly baked muffins came out of the oven, ready to be consumed by hubby and me. They smelled so wonderful and looked so tantalizing. There’s a hint of banana, cinnamon, nutmeg and the best thing about it, they’re not sugary sweet as I used less than a cup of brown sugar.


Check out the yummy Banana Muffin recipe below and try it out yourself. It’s really easy. Enjoy!



Easy Banana Muffins
2 cups all purpose flour (I just use plain flour)
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
A pinch of salt
3 ripe bananas
1 egg
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil (I use canola oil)
½ cup raisin (I use dried blackcurrant for its tangy taste)

Quickly mashed the bananas and mix it together with the egg, brown sugar and vegetable oil. Combine the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix the dry ingredients together with the banana mixture until just combine. Then add the raisin. Get your muffin tray and put about 2/3 full in each cup. Bake for about 20 – 25 mins.

You can get 12 muffins for this mixture.


0 comments:

Post a Comment