Friday, July 17, 2009

Wholesome Wholemeal Bread

It’s always kind of difficult to find healthy food that tastes great. But I discovered that with some good detective work, perseverance and lots of creativity, I can actually eat the same good stuff and take care of my health at the same time.


So, last week, I decided to tinkle around in the kitchen and bake something for breakfast that can last me for the whole week. Voila! I got all the ingredients and decided to bake a loaf of bread. And with a bit of improvisation, in less than an hour, 2 lovely loaves of bread came out of my beautiful oven.


Wholesome Wholeameal Loaf with Dried Blackcurrant
600 gram wholemeal mix - I got from Bake with Yen
110 mg instant dry yeast
360 ml cold water
20 gram margarine or butter
Half a cup of dried blackcurrant


Mix the wholemeal mix together with the dried instant yeast and water. Mix them all until combined. Add the margarine and knead for a few minutes. Then add the dried blackcurrant and let the loaf rest for about 10 minutes. Divide it into 2 or 3 smaller loaves and wait until they double in size. Baked in a 220 degree Celsius oven for about 30 minutes.
Enjoy or keep them in the fridge for later. That’s why I always do. Just pop them in the microwave oven for a minute or two.



0 comments:

Post a Comment