Monday, June 28, 2010

Choc Orange Marble Cake

Date of Creation: 27 June 2010


Whew! What a busy weekend filled with the seductive scent of baked goodies from the kitchen! It's always exciting to receive orders from family and friends. I don't mind at all because it gives me the perfect excuse to spend hours in my favourite spot in the house. On Sunday morning, I was literally covered in sugar and spice and everything nice as I rushed to prepare muffins and cupcakes for my cousin's birthday party in the afternoon. After I finished my aunt's order, I decided to bake a few more cakes since the adrenalin was still rushing through my veins! I was practically on overdrive....sugar rush! Anyway, I had two oranges lying in the basket looking all forlorn and dejected. Of course I had to put them out of their misery and give them the starring role in my baking sensation - Choc Orange Marble Cake. After an hour, my entire house was enveloped in the heady scent of oranges...love it! There's just something so seductive about orange and chocolate. It's a match made in heaven, truly.


I brought the cake along to the birthday party and it received the thumbs up from a few of my other aunts. My brother, who posed for the picture below, didn't like it but that's because he doesn't like oranges. Some people just don't know what they're missing! Enjoy....


0 comments:

Post a Comment