Monday, June 7, 2010

Red Velvet Cake

I did it! I finally baked my very first Red Velvet Cake after hours of searching for the perfect recipe. I first fell in love with this gorgeous cake when I saw it on Rachel Allen's website. At first, I was a bit nervous about actually baking it. Not sure why actually. Perhaps it's because of its fiery red colour! Anyhow, I found the courage to try it over the weekend and it came out perfect! And I did it the traditional way with butter roux icing and not cream cheese frosting.


Do you know  that there is even an urban legend about the origin of the red velvet cake? It's actually quite fascinating. You should just Google it and there's tons of stories about how it came about. Just adore the fact that there's actually a legend behind it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment