Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Crab Quiche. So Delish!

I am quite hopeless when it comes to short crust pastry. Why? Definitely not because how easy it is to make but because I don't have a cutting board large enough to fit my lovely quiche pan. I ended up doing it on the kitchen countertop...which is not very hygenic, to say the least. Anyway, I was a happy camper the other day when I saw a silicone cutting board that wasn't too overpriced. Promptly bought it and the first thing I did was to surf the net for a few recommended recipes. Found a promising recipe on Allrecipes.com and decided to go ahead with it.

I didn't have much ingredient in the fridge but I did have some imitation crab meat (yup, imitation...but I'm happy because seriously, who has the time to boil, crack and dig into those nasty crusteaceans). The rest of the recipe just came together although I had to make some adjustment with the cheese. Only had cheddar so cheddar it was.

                         


After some rather nerve-wrecking time spent peeking into the trusted yet moody oven, I followed the ring of the bell that signaled that the quiche was ready with a careful lifting of the pan. Oh boy, you should have smelled the heady mixture of melted cheese, herbs, milk and cream. I resisted the temptation to take the whole pan out out and just gobbled it down. Anyway, my Crab Quiche was a huge success. I love my new cutting board and I intend to make many more quiche magic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment