Monday, February 21, 2011

The Return of the Red Velvet Cake

The Return of the Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

Red is the colour of passion and is my favourite actually. When I first moved into our new house a couple of years back, I had to seriously resist the temptation to paint the walls a fiery red. Would've driven my darling hubby nuts! Anyway, my kitchen cabinet is red and I'm loving it. Oops...sorry, I digress. We are after all talking about the popular Red Velvet Cake, I've baked quite a few over the years but it's just gaining a footing here in good ole Malaysia. A number of orders came in in the last couple of weeks and it seems that everybody's quite curious about this lovely cake. Not sure what it is? Well, contrary to some belief, it is actually not a chocolate cake. No sirree...cocoa is added for a subtle taste of richness. It's all about the colour and it does look gorgeous when sliced. Some prefer the traditional cream used in Southern USA but here, most prefer cream cheese. I do like cream cheese frosting as well.



This Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting was ordered by Suhadah. Hope she enjoys eating it as much as I enjoyed baking it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment