Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Japanese Cheesecake

I love cheese in all form. If I'm not careful, I could even end up looking like a barrel of ripening cheese. Urgh...not an appetizing sight. One of my favourite things to do was to go to Jusco and buy their Japanese cheesecake. It's not much of a cheesecake but it wasn't too bad.

After much hesitation, I decided that it was time to challenge myself to venture into the unknown and bake an authentic Japanese Cheesecake. It's quite a temperemental cake and needs a gentle touch. It's healthier because you don't actually don't use a lot of cheese. Cheaper too! But it does use lots of eggs and you need to beat the white and yolk separately. It gets its lovely lightness of being from this type of aeration.

After about an hour, my masterpiece came out perfect. Made the mistake of letting the aluminium foil touch the surface that came off a bit. Other than this, it was delicious. Had to stop hubby from finishing it off all in one night. It's great for those who are not exactly fans of cheesecake as it does come off more like a light sponge cake.


0 comments:

Post a Comment